If you wish to try out the API before registering a developer agreement, you can do this using our REST demo. There are two ways of doing that.
Via a query string
The first way is really easy. Just append the query string ?demo=true to your request URL. You only need to this on the first request, then all links in the API will have that query string appended. All 401 Not Authorized responses also include a demo link to that exact resource. This allows for easy browsing of the API when discovering what is available.
The second way is one that allows for an easy "hello world" application. You need to follow the normal authentication flow, but replace the connection tokens with the word "demo". That way you can create an application and connect just as you would if you had a real integration, but without the need to register.
Note that when using the demo integration, you can only use the GET http method.
Obtaining your own Agreement Grant Token and App Secret Token
If you don't have a developer agreement
Sign up for a developer agreement from the Developer Network page.
We'll then send you an email with login credentials for your new developer agreement.
If you already have a developer agreement
- Start by logging on to your e-conomic agreement.
- Select the 'Developer' tab
- Click 'New app'
- Enter an application name and select required role(s) ('Superuser' is the broadest scope)
- Click 'Save'
- Your app appears in the app list
- The App Secret Token is shown in the list
- Click the link in the 'Request URL' column for the app. A new page opens.
- Type in the credentials of a user on a production or demo agreement and grant your app access
- The Agreement Grant Token is displayed on the page
Fully detailed step-by-step guide to token authentication
Setting up authentication HTTP headers on REST requests
Obtain the X-AppSecretToken and X-AgreementGrantToken as described above.
In all requests, send both an 'X-AppSecretToken' and an 'X-AgreementGrantToken' header with the tokens as values.